Thursday, February 15, 2007

New Technorati Rating

Well, today I moved up to (or is it down to?) 1,257,579 in Technorati's rating. I suppose this is better than yesterday. However, after reading what this means, I know nothing. I've never read a more obtuse explanation of anything in my life.

The explanation says that for a ranking of 1,375, for example, "Rank 1,375: the number of blogs, plus one, that have more than 1,005 blogs linking to them." What does this mean? What do I care how many blogs there are with more than 1,005 blogs linking to them? What does this have to do with me? Am I just too dense to figure out how this relates to my blog? If my ranking changes to 1,000,000, will the number of blogs that have more than 1,005 blogs linking to them change? Isn't that a little like saying that each time I belch the number of Japanese 6' or taller changes?

At any rate, I'll assume that the lower the number the better off I am. However, while I'm on the subject of Technorati, they say I have only three links to this blog. Although I don't have many yet, I know I have more than that. I have several blogs linked to mine that are not listed.

As the old song goes: "Nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free."

No comments: